Thanks to my Siberian time difference I have an unusual chance to publish this news before Deelip Menezes:). And probably - before Oleg himself.
The new company is Inforbix.
- Oleg have been working for 10+ as a key technological specialist at DS/Smarteam,
- approximately the same competence has Vadik Vaksin - the chief developer of a new company,
- Oleg's co-founder is Anatoly Savin - a very experienced expert and businessman,
- among the advisors we can see Brad Holtz.
Therefore probably we will not wait 20 years:) to see a revolution in processing of product data.
Well, I invested all available early morning resources into my more or less detailed Russian post. here I just want to congratulate Oleg, his partners, and (future) customers.
This is a summary Oleg gave to me:
"1. Product data are located in many "data sources" in an organization (CAD files, Excel, databases, enterprise systems-PLM, ERP,CRM...)
2. Product data belongs to different "functional domains" - sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, support etc.
3. We want to provide an easy way to retrieve product data in a meaningful way, which means:
-- combine pieces of information coming from multiple places
-- search across multiple data sources
-- allows navigation between connected pieces of data (i.e. 3D CAD, Excel with BOM, 2D drawing in manufacturing, emailmentioning, BOM in PLM, sales order, support request in CRM)
-- allow slice & dice data in different forms - mashup data (i.e tables).
Our current phase is "design partnership". We work with design partners. For the moment, we are not saying names. We plan to provide this information later. We are looking for additional design partners (there is a form to submit on the website). We have few candidates inthe pipeline. The next phase will be a beta version. You can mention that system will be available first on cloud with additional components installed inside of company network.
We want to avoid two potential misinterpretation of what we do:
- This is NOT yet another "search system"
- This is NOT yet another "PLM"
PLM Think Tank and Beyond PLM will continue to be industry blogs completely independent of Inforbix and everything I will write on Beyond PLM / PLM Think Tank is my opinion and not represents my employment in Inforbix".