NB: if you came to this post after May 4, please go to COFES-Russia program update published at isicad.net where some new editing has been made.
COFES-Russia seminar organized by Cyon Research and LEDAS will be held in Moscow on September, 21. The seminar is organized in the framework of the 4th International Forum isicad powered by LEDAS. See some related references below.
A week ago, the event’s program was refined and included – somewhat in traditions of COFES – a number of working groups (WG). Organizing committee in coordination with Brad Holtz has specified six WGs. There will be two rounds (in total – 3 hours) each round includes three WGs that will be working in parallel during 1.5 hours. After these rounds are over, there will be a joint integrating round table + press-conference.
Following 6 working groups are planned.
1. Direct Modeling as a Basis of Future Intelligent CAD
Creation and editing engineering data
- Comparative analysis of history-based parametric modeling with direct geometry editing: advantages and drawbacks of each approach
- Presentation of direct editing tools in popular CAD packages
- How to keep design intent in history-free environment
- What will be the CAD exchange format after 50 years
2. News & trends in PLM/PDM
Engineering data management:
- Key tasks of PLM in the next decade
- Digital Prototyping vs. Full-Scale PLM
- Open-source PLM/PDM
- Integrated PLM-ERP-MES Systems
- Cloudy PLM
3. Marketing and Advertizing in the Era of Global Social Networks
New ways of engineering software marketing:
- Rich 3D Media vs. paper media
- Social Networks and Communities
- Inbound Marketing, Community Building,...
4. CAD-training for future engineers
- Early CAD education in the school
- Software Users or Engineers?
- More discoverable software
- On-line e-books and trainings
- The role of 3D Media in the education process
- The role of new hardware devices in the education: Google Set Top, iPad, ...
5. New business-models for engineering software
- Cloud computing and SaaS
- FOSS(Free and Open Source Software)CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM...
6. New hardware technologies for engineering software
- GPU usage in CAD/CAM/CAE
- 3D pointing devices and multi-touch.
- 3D printing
- Augmented reality
Everybody is kindly invited to give their comments and propose more hot topics.
- Brief COFES-Russia English info
- Russian isicad-2010 web site
- Cyon Research announces COFES Russia Seminar in partnership with LEDAS
- COFES-Russia Seminar and Multi-vendor Forum isicad-2010 in Moscow
- HP and PTC support COFES-Russia Seminar in September 2010
- Join Deelip Menezes to attend COFES-Russia and isicad-2010 in Moscow
- Previous isicad Forums: 2004, 2006, and 2008